Certificate in Organizational Psychology
This online certificate in organizational psychology was designed for those who work in all types of organizations, as well as those about to enter the workforce.
Number of licenses:
Organizational Behavior Online Course
This online certificate in organizational psychology was designed for those who work in all types of organizations, as well as those about to enter the workforce. Participants should be able to make better decisions and understand other’s reactions by applying fundamental principles of organizational behavior. This course goes beyond theory through videos, readings, and interactive exercises. Topics covered include: decision making, job satisfaction, interpersonal relations, leadership, motivation, organizational structures and design, power and politics, teams and group dynamics, change management, diversity in work-settings.
At the end of this course, participants should be able to understand major theories and concepts underlying the modern organizational behavior scholarship and practice.
Participants will also be able to apply these theories and concepts at work, making intelligent decisions about work practices that affect both individuals and teams within an organization. They will be better positioned to identify, analyze, and solve problems that affect individual, team or organizational performance. And they’ll gain new skills in effective oral and written communication.
– Decision Making: An Introduction
– Understanding Work Motivation and Job Satisfaction
– Leadership: Theory and Practice
– Teamwork: Theory and Practice
– Organizational Structures and Design: An Introduction
– Negotiation and Conflict Resolution: Theory and Practice
– Diversity in Work-Settings: An Introduction
– Interpersonal Relations
– Power and Politics
– Teams and Group Dynamics
– Change Management
– Business Applications of Organizational Behavior: The Basics.
– Business Ethics and Organizational Behavior.
Organizational Behavior Course Objectives:
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Understand major theories and concepts underlying modern organizational behavior scholarship and practice
2. Apply these theories and concepts to their own organizations, making intelligent decisions about work practices that affect both individuals and teams within an organization
3. Recognize the role of group dynamics in organizational life
4. Effectively identify, analyze and solve problems that affect individual, team or organizational performance
5. Effectively communicate orally to express their ideas with confidence
6. Effectively write with clarity so their ideas are clearly understood
What are the requirements or prerequisites for taking your course?
List the required skills, experience, tools or equipment learners should have prior to taking your course.
– Essential: Basic computer literacy, including the ability to navigate through a web browser and use an email program.
– Essential: Desire to learn, willingness to engage in activities that will lead them to awareness of their own behavior and its impact on others.
– Recommended: Intermediate level of English language skills for full participation in all course material.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone interested in learning more about organizational behavior. The examples are drawn from all types of organizations, including business, governmental, non-profit and educational entities.