License – 12 months unlimited access
Employment Law Training
This course provides a brief introduction to the application of employment law in the workplace, including anti-discrimination legislation and procedures, unfair dismissals and remedies for unlawful discrimination. It is designed to give you some insight into what to expect when dealing with issues arising from termination of your employment, especially if you are thinking about taking legal action against your employer.
This course examines general employment law through both the lenses of social policy and business interests. Topics discussed include hiring, firing, discrimination, wages/working hours/overtime, social insurance contributions, co-determination, trade unions and works councils.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
1) Identify federal and state statutes that protect employees in organizations.
2) Identify who is a “mandatory reporter” under the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act.
3) Identify what retaliation is and how to prove it under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
The course will cover the following topics:
1) Minimum Wage Requirements
2) Overtime Requirements
3) Required Postings for Employers
4) The Family Leave Act
5) Employment Discrimination/Harassment
- Age Discrimination in Hiring or Firing
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Sex Discrimination/Harassment – Federal Law
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- The Anti-discrimination Act
6) Wrongful Termination
7) Unemployment Insurance Benefits
8) Whistleblower Protections